Planning a wedding is no easy task. After all, chances are this will be the first (and last)!) time you ever plan an event like this. Many couples that come to me for help say “we have no idea where to start”. So I came up with this handy dandy visual aid to help you along your wedding planning journey.
1) Your date is never set in stone until the venue is booked. So don’t go wild booking other vendors until the ceremony and reception spaces are secured.
2) No one is set in stone until the contract is signed and deposit has been paid. Don’t assume a vendor is holding your place until the paper work is complete.
3) Start with the vendors that can only do one wedding a day; wedding planner, venue, photographer, music, etc. Book early to get your first choice of fabulous vendors. Then start to tackle the ones who can take multiple weddings per day; cake, stationery, flowers, decor, etc.
4) Space things out so it doesn’t get too overwhelming. Small, manageable chunks are best.
5) Don’t forget to breathe and enjoy it. Will it be stressful at times? Absolutely. But this is also supposed to be one of the best days of your life, so remember why you are doing this, what it is all about and savour it.