Recently Wedding Bells posted the top five unusual (yet amazing) venues to host your wedding ceremony and/or reception. Here’s their top 5 and our two cents!
- Science Centre – If you are having a large wedding WB suggested instead of a traditional banquet hall, why not opt for a versatile space like a science centre. We couldn’t agree more! Cool spaces not only save you $ on decor but they can really help set the tone for your big day. TELUS Spark has some great options regardless of the size of your guest list.
- Brewery – Another suggestion was going for a brewery wedding over a vineyard wedding. We love this suggestion for a few reasons. 1) Would a vineyard wedding be amazing? Absolutely! Does Calgary have any vineyards? No! Keeping your wedding local will help you and your guests save on expenses. 2) A brewery setting would make for a great casual feel to the day. Big Rock Grill and Wild Rose Brewery have got you covered, to name a few.
- Campsite – Campsite over barn wedding….hmmmm I’m torn on this one. If you are a wanting a super laid back get together then yes, a campsite is the way to go but I’m a sucker for a beautiful rustic barn wedding. Willow Lane Barn, is a great option near Calgary.
- University Clubs – Yes, yes, yes! Often overlooked, these venues are a great space to host a large group. I recently co-chaired a fundraiser for Rethink Breast Cancer at SAIT and it was AMAZING, check out the pics! They have lots of other great options on campus too!
- Yacht Clubs – Absolutely! Although we don’t live on the coast, you can certainly pretend we do at a venue like the Glenmore Sailing Club.
Image via Shae J Photography
In addition to these wonderful suggestions we also love theatres, restaurants, ski lodges and anywhere else your heart desires. Who says you have to limit your choices, the possibilities are truly endless.
Looking for help finding a wedding venue? Calgary is a great place to host any type of wedding and we are fortunate to have many hidden gems in our city. Contact us and let us help you find your perfect space.
Shannon Valente Weddings is a Calgary based wedding planning and design studio, specializing in amazingly fun, jaw dropping, stress-free, memorable weddings, since 2006.
outcomes and has helped various individuals to dispose of the inconvenience in only a couple days the gout code guide This program battles gout, as well as makes you feel fiery and restored
Wedding Insider's Guide!
Truth bomb: planning a wedding can be super stressful and a lot less fun than you thought it would be, am I right?! That’s why I created this freebie for you. I want you to go in with a wedding game plan, so I’m showing you where to start first and why, I’m giving you a few tools to trim your guest list, breakdown your budget, and even show you how to make your rehearsal and ceremony run smooth.